Friday, February 26, 2010

The Yin Yang of daily life...Dillema

Small things...silly questions...false hopes...a little bitterness...some dreams...

But trying to be happy no matter what...Life!


I don’t know why Bhai didn’t tell me that he’s coming to India in May

But I am glad that he and Puru are coming

I’m a little hurt because Priya didn’t invite me to her sister’s wedding

But I think I wouldn’t have been in town anyway

I don’t like not being a great cook

But I know that I can cook well enough to survive

I am very sad that Chikoo left us all forever

But I am glad she lived most of her life sharing joy and cheer

I totally hate having pimples on my face

But am elated when they dissapear

I hated it when Rohan shouted at me in the staff room

But am glad my co-faculty wasn’t aroound

I hate myself for not waking up even when the alarm rings

But I am glad I have someone around to do the waking up

I don’t know whether to look for a job or keep doing what I am doing

But I know that I have to have an income

I dislike the fact that I don’t have a toned, leaner body

But I love the fact that I have a healthy one

I hate not having the confidence to drive after having driven 4 years back

But am glad I at least learnt it

I hate not being as active in Rotaract these days

But I know that I have certain more important things to do

I’m jealous because we meet Rohit’s old friends more often

But I have started making them my friends as well

I am unhappy at times because Rohit earns much more than me

But I am glad that I am not dependent on him for money

I have always hated being the single child

But I know that my parents have tried to give me all they could

I am clueless as to why I am writing this blog...perhaps I can’t always have someone who can listen to my cribbing and give me a pep talk...so I better find out ways to pep up myself from gloomy stuff!!

Huh...madness and me!



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quarter life crisis dear....well i was trying to find you original version of raindrops on roses..couldn't find one..my bad..but just think of good things in your life when you are sad and you will be no more sad..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ananda: nah, just thinking and answering my doubts, aloud! :P
    @Kita: I guess so...Shalini just mentioned that we all are in that Quarter Life Crisis phase perhaps!! Thinking about all the good things in the bad was what I was trying to do while typing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pillu....
    I am sorry yaar... i thought i told you about it but that's not an excuse... so I am very vvery sorry... Purni and I are coming home in May for a month and a half so that we can be with Minal and Poulomi (and ofcourse Amod) when they have their babies!!!!!
    I hope you can forgive your forgetful brother... trust me I tend to forget these little things...Purnima tells that to me all the time.
    ALso, dont be so harsh on yourself.. you are a great person and everyone respects you. Money, weight, pimples, wedding invitation and friends are all part of life- they aren't all of life. So cheer up and cook something nice for Rohit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmnn...
    I know, met Amod at Surya's wedding reception when he told me that you both were to come...
    :)
    We are waiting... been really really long.

    ReplyDelete